Τετάρτη, Μαΐου 10, 2006

Economic Growth and the Environment

During the last semester I prepared an assignment focused on the connection between economic growth and the environment. Specifically, I attempted to make a short survey on the existing literature of the Environmental Kuznets Curve (EKC) Hypothesis. I must admit that I did not expect to find the field so interesting. Nevertheless, not only I finished the assignment, but also decided to devote my Master thesis on this field.

So all through the last months I am browsing in various journals in order to find articles upon this subject. Completely by luck I found a Literature Survey of Panayotou T. (2000), which I think that consists the most concise survey I have yet found for the EKC hypothesis. In fact one cannot find many surveys on EKCs (Dinda, Borghesi, etc.).

Panayotou's survey lacks though in the analysis of the macro-theoretical connection of economic growth and environment. For such analysis, one might better turn to more seminal papers of the field. In any case, the paper was a revelation for me. For this exact reason I decided to post a link to it.

Link: http://www2.cid.harvard.edu/cidwp/056.pdf

(Tip: Great Appendix!!!!)

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: